(Download a higher resolution picture by clicking on any picture below.)
The 2005 Chino warbird airshow featured five flying Republic P-47 Thundebolts. The airshow was blessed with the bluest skies in years. It was also the hottest it has been in years. Temperatures climbed to over 100 degrees F on the flightline.
Republic P-47D Thunderbolt NX647D Wicked Wabbit was delivered to the Army Air Corps as 44-90438. It has been owned by John Schoffner and Aviation Management Resources of Middlesboro, Kentucky since 1996. Its Republic construction number is 38955583. It was delivered to the Yugoslav Air Force as 13021 in February 1952. It was displayed in the Yugoslav Aeronautical Museum in Belgrade in 1984. It was acquired by Warbirds of Great Britain Ltd. in Bitteswell in 1985. John Whittington of Knoxville, Tennessee bought it in 1986. After restoration to airworthy condition it was trucked to Rialto, California, where it made its first post restoration flight on November 3, 1996.
Republic P-47D Thunderbolt, NX47RP Big Chief was delivered to the Army Air Corps as 45-49205. It has been owned by Pond Warbirds LLC since July 2001. Its Republic construction number is 39955744. It was transferred to FA Peruana as 547 and later as FAP122. Ed Jurist and Vintage Aircraft International Ltd. of Nyack, New York registered it as N47DE on July 24, 1969. It made its first post restoration flight at Harlingen, Texas in 1973. David Tallichet and Military Aircraft Restoration Corporation of Chino, California acquired it on April 30, 1975. Doug Arnold and Warbirds of Great Britain Ltd. at Blackbushe bought it in May 1979. It was registered as G-BLZW on July 15, 1985. Stephen Grey of Duxford bought it on September 18, 1985 and sold it to Robert Pond and Planes Of Fame East at Eden Prairie, MN on December 17, 1985. It was registered as N47DE. Robert Pond registered it as N47RP and moved it to the Palm Springs Air Museum. It carries tail number 42-28473.
Republic P-47D Thunderbolt, NX47DF is registered to Ted Melsheimer of Carson City, Nevada. It was built as 45-49335, but it carries tail number 45-49385. In the early seventies it was owned by Vintage Aircraft International of Nyack, New York. It was reassembled by the Confederate Air Force in Harlingen, Texas in 1973 and flew as Unadilla Killa of the 354th Fighter Group. In 1974 it was sold to Tom Friedkin of Palomar, California. In April 1975 it went to the Military Aircraft Restoration Group at Chino, which stored it at Barstow-Dagget airport in California for several years. It crashed on take-off on March 7, 1980 at Barstow. It was rebuilt in Tulsa, Oklahoma. After that it was based in Caspar Wyoming through 1986. It was loaned to the Liberal Air Museum in Liberal, Kansas until 1990. In October 1990 it made a forced landing near Flagstaff, Arizona while it was being ferried from Topeka, Kansas to Chino. It is powered by a Pratt & Whitney R-2800 radial engine.
This P-47D Thunderbolt was restored as 42-28790 Unadilla Killa of the 354th Fighter Group when it was displayed at George Air Force Base on May 4, 1975.
P-47D Thunderbolt, "Unadilla Killa" at Barstow in 1978 or 1979. Photo courtesy David Gibson.
Republic P-47D Thunderbolt 42-28790 was named Greta when it served with the Seventh Armored Division in the late stages of World War II. Photographer: Walt Blackburn, photo courtesy: Kurt Blackburn
Republic P-47D Thunderbolt 42-28790 Greta. Photographer: Walt Blackburn, photo courtesy: Kurt Blackburn
Republic P-47G "razorback" Thunderbolt, N3395G Spirit of Atlantic City NJ has been registered to the Planes of Fame Museum since December 1965. Its original serial was 42-25254. It was manufactured under license by Curtiss. It was purchased by the Grand Central Aircraft Company of Glendale, California in 1944. Cal Aero Technical Institute used the airframe as a mechanic training aid from 1950 to 1955. The Claremont Air Museum acquired it in October 1955. It was restored to flying condition at Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico. The restoration began in 1958, and it first flew in 1963, when it received its current registration. It flew as Roscoe's Retreat for a while. It crashed during an airshow at Pt. Mugu Naval Air Station, California on October 23, 1971. The next time it flew was in 1976. It is powered by a Pratt & Whitney R-2800 radial engine.
Republic P-47G Thunderbolt, N3395G at Chino on October 18, 1987.
Republic P-47D Thunderbolt, NX9246B Hun Hunter XVI was delivered to the Army Air Corps as 44-90460 and it still wears that number on its tail. It has been owned by Neal Melton of Luttrell, Tennessee since Oct. 2, 1996. Its Republic construction number is 39955605. It was transferred to the Brazilian Air Force as F-47 4175. Airplane Sales International of Santa Monica, California recovered it from Brazil in 1988 and gave it its current registration. It was stored in Santa Monica from 1990 to 1996. It was restored to airworthy condition at Rialto, California, making its first post restoration flight on August 3, 1999.
Curtiss Kittyhawk Mk. 1A, NX94466 was delivered to the Royal Canadian Air Force as 1057. Its Curtiss construction number is 15404. After retirement from the RCAF, it was acquired by a farmer in Champion, Alberta. It was possessed in turn by Bob Warden of Calgary, Neil Rose of Vancouver, Washington, and George Perez of Pacifica, California. John R. Paul of Alamo, California registered it as N94466 in December 1966. It made its first post restoration flight at Livermore, California in 1970. It was leased to the Old Flying Machine Company of Duxford on June 17, 1984. At Duxford it flew as SU-E Sneak Attack. John R. Paul and the Warhawk Air Museum of Boise, Idaho acquired it in April 1989. It appeared in the movie Pearl Harbor. It has been registered to Kitty Hawk LLC of Meridian, Idaho since June 2002.
Curtiss P-40N Warhawk, N1195N has been registered to Warhawk LLC of Meridian, Idaho since October 29, 2002. Its Curtiss construction number is 30158. Its Army Air Corps serial was 42-106396. It was delivered to the Royal Canadian Air Force as 880. Fred Dyson bought it at Boeing Field, Seattle, Washington on October 23, 1947. Hardwick Aircraft of Rosemead, California bought it in 1953. Following a wheels up landing, the damaged airframe was stored in Jack Hardwick's yard from 1955 to 1976. John Paul of Alamo, California bought it in 1976. It was rebuilt and returned to airworthy condition in 1984. It flew for a while with tail number 130158 and now carries 2106393 on its tail. It has raced as #77 and #17.
Curtiss Warhawk Mk. 1, N940AK is restored as P-40E 41-13521. It was built for the Royal Air Force as AK940, but it was diverted to the Royal Canadian Air Force, which it served as 1058. It was recently restored in New Zealand. It is currently based at Livermore, California.
Link to the Warbird Registry page about P-40E, N940AK.
North American P-51D Mustang, NL20TF has been registered to Chino Warbirds Incorporated since December 2001. It was rebuilt as a Cavalier T Mk. 2 two seater in the 1960s. It received a new Air Force serial number, 67-14866, and was delivered to the FA Boliviana as FAB 521 on January 19, 1968. It was recovered by Arny Carnegie of Edmonton, Alberta in December 1977 and recieved the Canadian registration C-GXUR. McClain Flight Service of Strathmmore, Alberta bought it in November 1978. Cinema Air of Houston, Texas registered it as N20TF in October 1991.
North American P-51D Mustang, N2580 Six Shooter has been registered to Charles Hall of Annis, Montana since January 1996. It was rebuilt as a Cavalier T Mk. 2 two seater in the 1960s. It received a new Air Force serial number, 67-22580, and was delivered to the FA Boliviana as FAB 520 on January 19, 1968. It was recovered by Arny Carnegie of Edmonton, Alberta in December 1977 and recieved the Canadian registration C-GXUQ. McClain Flight Service of Strathmmore, Alberta bought it in August 1978. Richard Korff of Lockport, New York reigstered it as N151RK in October 1986.
Hawker Sea Sea Hurricane Mk X, NX33TF is registered to Chino Warbirds. It was built in 1940 as Canadian Car and Foundry 41H/8020. It operated from Yeovilton in Somerset. It crashed on December 5, 1942. The wreckage was recovered in 1960. Its restoration to airworthy condition by Hawker Restoration Limited was begun in 1994. It returned to flight on June 7, 2000. It flew in England as G-TWTD. It received its U.S. registration on October 11, 2001.
Supermarine Spitfire LF IX E, NX2TF has been registered to Chino Spitfire LLC of Houston, Texas since December 2001. Data about NX2TF from the Airworthy Spitfires Page of the Military Airshows in the U.K. web site:
Built by Vickers-Armstrong at Castle Bromwich early 1944. To 6 MU April 28th passed to 84 Support Group Unit May 30th. Allocated to 443 (RCAF) Sqn Ford June 2nd coded 21-T. In action on D-Day by late June based at St Croix-sur-Mer, Normandy. June 26th claimed Fw190 damaged/probable over Rouen, July 13th Bf109 damaged/probable over Normandy. Two Bf109s destroyed September 29th. Subsequently issued to 442, 401, and 441 Sqns. To 29 MU August 1945 and stored. Sold back to Vickers-Armstrong, South Marston October 31st 1946 and converted to 2-seat trainer for Indian Air Force by October 1948, tested as G-15-11 and delivered to IAF and became HS543. In IAF Museum, Palam 1967; bought by Senator Norman E. Garr in April 1971. Arrived Charleston March 15th 1972 and stored at New Orleans until November 1972, sent to Darrell Skurich, Fort Collins, Colorado for restoration but little done before being traded to Stephen Grey and freighted to UK. Restored by PPS at Booker, registered G-BJSG January 29th 1981 and flew February 10th 1984. Was based at Duxford and operated by TFC. ML417 suffered an undercarriage collapse while parked at Le Touquet in 1999 and was given a major overhaul at Duxford. Flew again after 2 years at Duxford on 18th June 2001. Sold to Tom Friedkin, registered to 'Chino Spitfire Ltd' as NX2TF and shipped to USA in December 2001.
Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XIV, NX54SF has been registered to Chino Warbirds since March 2004. Data about NX54SF from the Airworthy Spitfires Page of the Military Airshows in the U.K. web site:
Ordered as PR.XI but built as F.XIV at Chattis Hill. To 29 MU on March 13th 1945. Shipped to Bombay, arriving May 15th, then probably stored until struck off charge on July 31st 1947, and sold to Indian AF. Eventually became a gate guardian at Dehra Dun, then bought by Doug Arnold in 1978 and returned to the UK, being registered to Warbirds of Great Britain as G-WWII on July 9th 1979. Restoration to Mk VIII began, but acquired by the Fighter Collection and rebuilt as Mk XIV by Charles Church and Historic Flying. First flight May 22nd 1995. Exchanged for P-40 from Christophe Jacquard in November 1997. Registered F-AZSJ. Damaged in 1998 due to taxiing accident. To 'The Fighter Collection', Duxford in March 2002 and re-registered G-WWII and operated by TFC for Tom Friedkins (Chino Warbird Inc.)
Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat, NX30FG has been registered to Chino Warbirds since 1991. Its Grumman construction number is A-3196. Its Navy BuNo was 41930. It first appeared on the civil register as N6096C in 1963. Its registration changed to N103V in 1965. From 1972 to 1990 it was displayed at the Champlin Fighter Museum at Falcon Field near Mesa, Airzona.
Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat, N103V at the Champlin Fighter Museum on December 31, 1981.
Hawker Sea Fury T Mk. 20, NX20SF Dreadnought was delivered in 1957 as VZ368. It was transferred to the Burmese Air Force as UB-451. Frank Sanders acquired it in 1979 and registered it as N20SF in July 1983. It was modified with a Pratt & Whitney R4360 radial engine, named Dreadnought, and given race number 8. It first flew with its new engine on August 6, 1983. It has adopted the identity of crashed Sea Fury VZ350.
Hawker Sea Fury Mk. 11, N19SF Argonought was originally delivered to the Royal Canadian Navy. Frank Sanders of Chino acquired it in 1970 and used parts from it for other restoration projects. It was transferred to Frank's son Brian and Sanders Aircraft Incorporated in 1990. It was rebuilt based on the cockpit section of Sea Fury TG114 (former N232J) which was itself restored from parts of VR918 and VR919. Its Bristol Centaurus engine was replaced with a Wright R-3350 radial engine. It first flew after restoration on July 30, 1994. It was named Argonought and assigned race number 16. It was registered N19SF, which was previously assigned to a different Sea Fury that crashed at Harlingen, Texas on October 9, 1981.
North American F-86F Sabre, NX186AM has been registered to the Air Museum at Chino since March 1999. Its Air Force serial was 52-5012. Its North American construction number is 191-708. Tom Friedkin of Cinema Air Corporation registered it as N4TF in April 1990.
MiG-15, NX87CN has been registered to the Air Museum at Chino since February 1999. It was operated by the Chinese Air Force as 83277. Tom Friedkin first registered it in the U. S. in June 1991.
Lockheed TV-2, NX6633D
Grumman designed TBM-3E Avenger, N28SF was built by General Motors. It has been registered to Charles Wentworth of Paso Robles, California since August 1995. It was assigned U. S. Navy BuNo 85983 but was delivered to the Royal Canadian Navy as 374. Simsbury Flying Service of Simsbury, Connecticut registered it as N4039A. Miramichi Air Service registered it as C-FBEG in May 1974. Hicks & Lawrence limited of St. Thomasl, Ontario operated it as tanker #1 and named it Yogi Bear. Syracuse Flying Service of Syracuse, Kansas gave it its current registration in November 1985. C & C Corporation of Rialto, California bought it in 1987.
North American B-25J Mitchell, NL9117Z In The Mood. Its North American construction number is 108-33524. Its Army Air Force serial number was 44-29199 and it still carries that number on its tail. It appeared on the civil register for the first time in 1963. Its first civilian owner was A. B. Sellman of Abe's Aerial Service in Safford, Arizona. Aircraft Specialties of Mesa, Arizona converted it to a fire fighting tanker and gave it tanker c35. It was withdrawn from fire fighting use by the early 1970s and left derelict at Falcon Field. It was restored to airworthy condition in 1977-78. It has been owned by Robert Lumbard of Fontana, California since 1986.
North American B-25J Mitchell, NL9117Z at Falcon Field, Arizona on May 4, 1974
North American B-25J Mitchell, N3675G Photo Fanny has been registered to James Maloney of Corona Del Mar, California since January 10, 1978. Its Army Air Corps tail number was 44-30423. It joined the Air Museum in Ontario, California in 1965. It is often used for air-to-air photography sessions of the warbirds flying out of Chino. It is powered by a pair of Wright R-2600 radial engines.
B-25J, N3675G was painted olive drab over gray and named "Betty Grable" when it appeared at the El Toro Marine Corps Air Station airshow on April 28, 1990.
Douglas A-1H Skyraider, NX39606 is registered to Warbird Aircraft of San Diego. Its Navy Buno was 139606 and it was delivered to the South Vietnamese Air Force. It was recovered through Thailand by Yesterday's Air Force in 1980. It was registered as N3915B by Military Aircraft Restoration Corporation at Chino in 1983. The Donald Douglas Museum at Santa Monica registered it as NX39606 in July 1988 and passed it on to the Santa Monica Museum of Flying in 1990.
Douglas A-1H Skyraider, NX39606 at the El Toro MCAS Airshow on April 28, 1990.
Douglas A-1D (AD-4NA) Skyraider, NX409Z has been owned by Cinema Air of Carlsbad, California since 1992. It still carries its original Bureau of Aeronautics number 126997. It was loaned to the French Armee de l'air as No.78 in 1961. It was re-imported to the United States by Jack Spanich of Detroit, Michigan in 1977 and registered as N92053. It was sold to Landon Cullum of Dallas, Texas in July 1986, when it received its current registration. It is powered by a Wright R-3350-42 radial engine.
Mitsubishi A6M5 "Zero" NX46770 is registered to the Planes of Fame Museum of Chino. Its Mitsubishi construction number is 5357. It was captured by U. S. troops at Asilito Airfield, Saipan on June 18, 1944. It was shipped to the U. S. for evaluation, arriving in San Diego, California on July 16, 1944. It was flown for approximately 190 hours by Navy pilots at Patuxent River Naval Air Station, Maryland. Ed Maloney acquired it for the Air Museum in Claremont in 1950. It first flew after restoration on June 28, 1978. It is powered by an original Sakai 21 radial engine.
A6M5, NX46770 leads a pair of Corsairs and a Mustang at the Chino Airshow on May 20, 1984.
Mitsubishi A6M3 Model 22 "Zero", NX712Z is part of the collection of the Southern California Wing of the Commemorative Air Force. I has been registered to the Liberty Aero Corporation since February 1998. Its Mitsubishi construction number is 3869. It was found on New Guinea near the town of Babo. Its restoration was begun in Russia and completed in the United States. It is powered by a Pratt & Whitney R-1830 radial engine.
Lockheed P-38J Lightning, NX138AM Porky II is registered to the Air Museum at Chino. It was built as Army Air Corps 44-23314. It was acquired by the Hanfield School of Aeronautics in Santa Maria, California in 1950. Jack Hardwicke of El Monte, California registered it as N29Q in 1954. He sold it to the Air Museum in Ontario, California in 1960 where it sat on static display for seventeen years. It was restored to flying condition, making its first flight on July 22, 1988. It then went to the Planes of Fame East museum in Minnesota. Bob Pond purchased it in October 1989 and registered it as N38BP.It returned to the Air Museum at Chino in 1998. It is powered by a pair of Allison V-1710 twelve-cylinder engines.
Lockheed P-38J Lightning, NX138AM Joltin' Josie flying at the Chino Airshow on October 6, 2001.
NX138AM was registered as NX38BP and named Joltin' Josie when it appeared at the Edwards AFB Open House on October 3, 1998.
Grumman F8F-2 Bearcat, N198F has been owned by Cinema Air of Houston, Texas since June 1982. It still carries its original Bureau of Aeronautics number 122637. It was first registered as N1033B in 1963 by William Johnson of Miami, Florida. Subsequently it was owned by New Jersey Air Company of Hackensack, New Jersey from 1966 to 1968, Sherman Cooper of Merced,California from 1968 to 1971, and John Church of Hackensack, New Jersey from 1971 to 1973. John Gury of St. Louis, Missouri changed the registration to N198F in 1973. Gury raced it under race numbers 99, 11, and 98. It was sold to John Herlihy of Montara, California in 1980 and then to Cecil Harp of Canby, Oregon in 1981.
Grumman F8F-2 Bearcat, N198F at Chino on September 2, 1978.
Grumman F8F-2 Bearcat, N7825C originally wore Navy BuNo 122674. Its Grumman construction number is D.1227. It was built in 1948. E. Weiner of Los Angeles registered it under its current tail number in 1958. It was bought by Leo Demeers of Aurora, Oregon in 1963. Richard Tobey of Newport Beach, California in acquired it in 1966 and then sold it to Paul Finefrock of Hobart, Oklahoma in 1969. Gary Levitz picked it up later that year. It has belonged to the Confederate Air Force since 1972. It underwent a major rebuild from 1989 to 1991. It made its first flight after the rebuild on December 17, 1991.
Grumman F8F-2 Bearcat, N7825C at the Point Mugu Airshow on October 1, 1994
Grumman F8F-1 Bearcat, N58204 was delivered to the U. S. Navy as BuNo 95255. It was transferred to the Armee de l'Air and then to the South Vietnamese Air Force. It was displayed at Tan Son Nhut AB, Vietnam from 1967 to 1987. It was acquired by David Price and the Santa Monica Museum of Flying in 1990. It was sold to the Liberty Aero Corp of Santa Monica and registered as N65135 on Sept. 17, 1990. It was sold to Vintage Wings Inc. of Anchorage, Alaska and registered as N41089 on Sept. 22, 1994. It made its first flight after restoration to airworthy condition at Mojave, California on May 19, 1995. Anthony Banta of Livermore, California bought it on September 23, 2002. It was given its current registration by the Banta Aviation Corporation of Dover, Delaware in 2002.
Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat, NX4964W was delivered to the U. S. Navy as BuNo 94473. Its Grumman construction number is A-12225. It was displayed as a red drone at the Air Museum in Ontario, California from 1967 to 1970. It moved to the Chino Airport with the Air Museum in 1970. It was rebuilt with parts from F6F BuNo 08831 in 1984. It was acquired by Robert Pond and Planes Of Fame East at Minneapolis, Minnesota and given its current registration in 1984. It was damaged in a landing accident at Chino on March 19, 1984. It is now displayed at the Palm Springs Air Museum.
Vought F4U-1A Corsair, NX83782 is registered to the Planes of Fame Museum at Chino, California. It is the oldest airworthy Corsair. It flew for the Navy as Buno 17799 and still carries that number on its tail. It was used as a movie prop by MGM Studios. The Ontario Air Museum acquired it in 1970. It was restored to airworthy condition in 1977.
Vought F4U-1 Corsair, NX83782 at Chino on October 6, 2001.
Vought F4U-1 Corsair, NX83782 at Chino on May 20, 1984.
Douglas SBD-5 Dauntless, NX670AM of the Planes of Fame Museum. It was built as Navy BuNo 28536 but delivered to the Royal New Zealand Air Force as NZ5062. After the war it was used as a wind machine by MGM Studios. Wings from another SBD were recovered from Guadalcanal to return this Dauntless to flying condition in 1987. It flew its first flight after reconstruction on February 7, 1987. It is powered by a Wright R-1820 radial engine.
Douglas SBD-5 Dauntless, NX670AM was painted as an Army Air Force A-24 in commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the Air Force when it appeared at the Golden Air Tattoo at Nellis AFB on April 25, 1997.
18 years ago: Douglas SBD-5 Dauntless, NX670AM on display at the Air Museum Planes of Fame on October 18, 1987.
General Motors FM-2 Wildcat has been registered as N29FG since July 1991. Air Service Control Incorporated of West Bend, Wisconson registered it as N90523 in the early fifties. They sold it to Frank Tallman's museum at the Orange County Airport, California in 1960. Wade Porter of Columbus, Indiana bought it in 1963 and sold it to the Yankee Air Club of Sunderland, Massachusetts in 1966. It joined the Damned Yankee Air Force at Turner Falls, Massachusetts later that year. William Whitesell of Medford, New Jersey acquired it in 1969 and sold it to Doug Champlin on Enid, Oklahoma in 1971. He moved it to the Champlin Fighter Museum at Falcon Field in Mesa, Arizona in 1978. Tom Friedkin of Cinema Air in Houston, Texas bought it from Champlin in December 1990 and registered it as N16TF. He moved it to Cinema Air of Carlsbad, California and re-registered it as N29FG the next year. It is powered by a Pratt & Whitney R-1830 radial engine.
This same General Motors FM-2 was registered as N90523 when it was displayed at the Champlin Fighter Museum on December 31, 1981.
Grumman F7F-3N Tigercat night fighter, N805MB Big Bossman was recently purchased from the Lonestar Flight Museum of Galveston, Texas by Mike Brown and the September Pops Unlimited Racing Group. Its Grumman construction number is C.245. It was built as a single seat F7F-3 and served the U. S. Marine Corps as BuNo 80503. It was converted as a fire fighting tanker and operated by TBM Incorporated from 1960 to the 1970s. It was rebuilt as a two-seater in 1988 - 1989. The Lonestar Flight Museum registered it as N800RW in January 1989.
Fairey Firefly AS-6, N518WB has been registered to Edward Kurdziel of Del Mar, California since February 2003. It was built in 1950 and is a veteran of the Korean War. It flew for the Royal Australian Navy as WB518 and still carries that ID. Its Fairey construction number is F.8646. For a while, it was displayed on a pole at Griffith, New South Wales. Classic Aviation Pty Limited of Bankstown, NSW acquired it in 1991. It was restored using parts of Firefly WD828. The K on the tail denotes that this Firefly came off the HMAS Sydney.
Visit the web site of Fairey Firefly WB518.
Republic P-47D Thunderbolt, N3152D was delivered to the Army Air Corps as 45-49346. It still carries that number on its tail. Its Republic construction number is 39955885. After retirement from the U.S.A.F. it was transferred to the FA Brasiliera. It was displayed in a park in Sau Paulo and damaged during student riots in 1969. It was displayed in a series of Brazilian museums before Airplane Sales International recovered it from Brazil in September 1988. It was acquired by Yankee Air Corporation of Chino and given its current registration on September 13, 1991.
Flying displays, page 1: P-51D Mustang Rides, Missing Man formation, Tumbling Bear, Silver Wings Wing Walking, Northrop N9MB Flying Wing, Victory Over Japan - Navy Flight, Korean Air War, Tailhook Legacy Flight.
Flying displays, page 2: FIVE P-47 Thunderbolts!, U. S. Air Force Heritage Flight, Victory Over Europe, Doolittle Raiders, Air Power Formation Flight.
More Chino Airshows.
You can buy a 2018 calendar featuring my photographs of Vintage Airplanes at Chino, California.
A dozen photos of vintage airplanes flying at the Planes of Fame Airshow at Chino on April 29, 2016. Aircraft pictured include:
Waco UPF-7 NC30140
Stearman VN2S-3 N66290
Ryan PT-22 (ST3KR) N48777 146 and N48742 269
Cessna 190 N9848A
Stearman 4E Junior Speedmail NC663K and Boeing P-26 Pea Shooter N3378G
Howard DGA-15P N5604V
Lockheed 12A N18906 Electra Junior
Boeing P-26 Pea Shooter N3378G
Naval Aircraft Factory N3N-3 N44848
Fairchild PT-19A N11CM
Travel Air D-4-D NC472N
Beech G18S N351WP
Put a copy of the Vintage Airplanes at Chino: 2018 Calendar in your Lulu.com shopping cart for $14.95.
Go to the Airshow Page of the Goleta Air and Space Museum.
Send a message to Brian.